Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Atop A Storm

The cold wind picks up and drags through the trees,

Dark clouds of destruction move in as the light ones flee.

War rages amongst the skies even though we see peace,

Then all at once all motions seize.

A roar followed by flashes of light,

Give heed to what approaches in all its might.

As crazy as they seem,

What tranquility they may bring.

More darkness begins to swarm,

In the presence of this storm.

Never knowing the moment of commence,

I sit in confusion and suspense.

I wonder what beings this feeling about me,

How in the forefront of a storm I sit more proudly

In this moment no one is above any other,

We’re all at the mercy of another.

That moment has come so I conclude,

As the rain begins to fall in its solitude.



6.10.2011
Written not by me, but by my boyfriend, who doesn't believe his work is good, and doesn't know im posting this, so comment please!

1 comment:

The Unknowngnome said...

"I wonder what brings this feeling about me,
How in the forefront of a storm I sit more proudly"

Excellent soul-searching question and boldly written. I encourage your friend to continue his search.