Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

In the Waves, Out the Wind


We walked through the sand
Little footprints lye along the enlarged
Till our toes were emerged in cool sea
My dad I loved
But as a son
I felt failed in his presence

He, much more than to be admired
But more likely considered heroic

It took a moment only, before I knew I had to tell
I tried to say it slow
Then, you became impatient
And I spilled at your request

Son- you come and got like the waves dad
Brief, but amazing while each separate moment lasts

Speechless, his father seems buried in the horizon
So my whining continues.

Dad- please know, mamma leaving wasn't your fault, the army is all I know..Son, you’re the life I love

Son-  But not the one you know, or live

Dad- Son…

Son- I know, your going. This is what I live.

Dad- You'll understand someday

Son- No, I promise, I won't..

12-3-10


No comments: